Selected Chapters of Physics and Mathematics I
- Geometry and vectors
- Sequences, types and limits
- Derivative and its use in kinematics (function continuity, velocity in linear motion, outflows, higher drainage and acceleration)
- Indefinite and definite integral and its application in kinematics
Matlab application is displayed for each theme.
Content according to IMO Model course 7.04:
(Topics are already included into a secondary school curricula and already absolved by the students)
Calculations with positive and negative integers
Goals and competencies
The purpose of the course is to provide the basics of mathematical methods used in mechanics. The aim of the course is to develop new skills in problem solving and critical thinking in the student, thus preparing it for further study of study program subjects.
Special features: Implementation of learning content in accordance with the STCW Convention A-III/1, A-III/2, A-III/3 and IMO model course 7.01, 7.02, 7.03 and 7.04.
- G.James ‐ Modern Engineering Mathematics, Prentice Hall 2015
- Gross et.all. - Engineering Mechanics, Dynamics, Springer, 2014