Maritime economics and business of shipping companies
- Trading and maritime transport; the current state of maritime transport market and the interconnectedness of the four maritime sub markets
- Market mechanism and basics of economic reasoning; most important economic categories and economic paradigms
- The shipping company
- Legal framework defining maritime business
- Purchase/acquisition of the ship
- Financing in shipping
- Registration of the ship
- Depreciation of the ship
- Insurance in shipping
- Ship's crew
- Maintenance and repair of the ship
- Exploitation of the ship
- Execution of the voyage
- The environmental aspect of sea transport
Goals and competencies
Subject-specific competencies objectives relate to knowledge and understanding of the economic and financial aspect of the operation of shipping companies from the very beginning and the establishment of the company through the selection of the ship, register and the crew up to the exploitation of the ship and the impact of external requirements on the company’s performance.
1. Zanne, M. (2018). Poslovanje ladjarja. Portorož: Fakulteta za pomorstvo in promet.
2. Domijan-Arneri, I. (2014). Poslovanje u morskom brodarsvu. Split: Redak.
3. Babić M. (2011): Ekonomija – Uvod u analizu i politiku, Zagreb: Znanje