- Point dynamics
- Dynamics of the points system
- Basics of statics
- Solid body dynamics
- Basics of hydrostatics and hydrodynamics
- Basics of oscillations
- Basics of optics
Goals and competencies
The purpose of the course is to provide the basics of mechanics and mathematical methods used in mechanics. The aim of the course is to develop new skills in problem solving and critical thinking in the student, thus preparing it for further study of study program subjects. Part of the exercises is carried out on computers with the Matlab program.
Special features: Implementation of learning content in accordance with the STCW Convention A-III/1, A-III/2, A-III/3 and IMO model course 7.01, 7.02, 7.03 and 7.04.
- R. Kladnik, Visokošolska fizika, 1. del, Mehanika in Termodinamika
- R. Kladnik, Visokošolska fizika, 2. del, Elektrika in Optika
- Gross et.all, Engineering Mechanics, Dynamics, 2014
- R.C.Hibbeler, Fluid Mechanics, Pearson, 2015