OBJECTIVES AND SUBJECT-SPECIFIC COMPETENCES
Main objectives of the study programme
The main objective of the first-cycle professional degree study programme of Transport Technology and Transport Logistics is to provide students with learning opportunities for the construction of high-quality professional knowledge, skills, and competences that will enable the graduates from this study programme to provide solutions to demanding problems in their professional working environments, communicate with other participants from their field of expertise and from other disciplines, adopt a critical stance and take responsibility, undertake initiatives, and be confident in autonomous decision-making and management. A mandatory element of this study programme is work placement in companies and institutions engaged in transport technology and transport logistics activities.
Transport technology and transport logistics, and the challenges brought by the scientific and technical-technological development in accordance with the needs of Slovenian society, require highly qualified professionals in transport technology and transport logistics that will be able to provide solutions to practical problems in their professional work environments. This study programme and its modules are based on the needs of the transport and logistics companies. It enables the students to select those elective courses that are in line with their personal interests, and to develop into technologically profiled professionals able to plan and manage transport, traffic, and logistics processes, and to plan and manage the exploitation of transport infrastructure and transport means of the integrated transport system in accordance with the technical-technological, natural, geographical, human resources, legal, economic, information, telecommunication, and other conditions of each mode of transport of the transport industry and state administration.
General competences acquired in the study programme of Transport Technology and Transport Logistics
The general competences acquired through this study programme are related to the fields of transport technology and transport logistics. More specifically, graduates will be able to:
- contribute to enhanced population mobility,
- plan transport, traffic, and logistics processes,
- optimise the transport system, including its subsystems,
- develop broad interdisciplinary professional knowledge from natural sciences, management, information and communication technologies, law and other disciplines,
- complete the assigned tasks in their work environments,
- acquire additional theoretical and methodological knowledge, skills, and competences that will enable them to continue their studies in the second-cycle master's degree study programmes,
- autonomously apply theoretical knowledge to provide solutions to practical problems,
- provide professional analyses and syntheses of solutions and consequences in transport, traffic, and logistics processes,
- develop skills for lifelong learning,
- understand the dependence between transport technology and technical properties of the means of transport and transport infrastructure,
- adopt and provide environmental protection measures in their work environments,
- collaborate in teams, develop communication skills, and develop professional ethics in the complex world of transport and traffic activities,
- complete tasks typical of companies that engage in transport, traffic, transport logistics, and related activities,
- provide solutions to technical, technological, organisational, economic, legal, and other problems in the processes of transport, traffic, and logistics services,
- master specific processes inherent to transport technologies and transport logistics in maritime, road, rail, postal, and air transport.
Subject-specific competences acquired in the study programme of Transport Technology and Transport Logistics belong to the field of integrated maritime, road, rail, postal, air, and other modes of transport. More specifically, graduates will be able to:
- develop fundamental knowledge in the natural sciences, and its implementation in fundamental professional and modular courses, and in providing solutions to problems inherent to transport, traffic, and logistics processes,
- develop fundamental and applied knowledge in the courses from economics, management, human resources, etc., and its implementation in providing solutions to human resources management in transport, the calculation of cost and sale prices of transport, traffic, and transport technology services, and integration of all participants in transport and traffic,
- develop fundamental and applied knowledge in the courses from law and insurance, and its implementation in providing solutions to problems related to transport contracts in different modes of transport, the preparation of technical elements necessary for insurance purposes and insurance claims in transport,
- develop fundamental and applied knowledge in the technical disciplines and traffic engineering, and its implementation in professional and modular courses of each study direction, and in providing solutions to problems related to the exploitation of transport infrastructure, transport means, and organisation and technology of different modes of transport,
- develop fundamental and applied knowledge in courses related to transport infrastructure, transport and handling equipment, organisation and transport technology aimed at the optimisation of transport, traffic, and transport logistics processes, as well as the use of advanced information and communication technologies in transport, traffic, and transport logistics,
- develop specific knowledge in courses related to probability and statistics, traffic safety, inventory management, supply chain management, environmental protection in transport, etc., and its implementation in transport, traffic, and transport logistics processes in a fast, safe, reliable, rational, and sustainable manner,
- develop specific knowledge in courses related to military, maritime, road, and rail transport, and military transport logistics, in order to provide solutions to problems inherent to military transport, traffic, and logistics,
- develop the necessary knowledge and skills through work placement related to each study direction in order to be able to effectively enter the labour market and provide solutions to practical problems.