- Basic legal concepts and basics of jurisprudence.
- Basics of law of property and civil law. Basics of the European law.
- Basics of law of obligations
- Documents of title
- Business contracts
- Basics of corporate law
Content according to IMO Model course 7.03:
- Importance of proactive measures to protect the marine environment
- Basic working knowledge of the relevant IMO conventions concerning safety of life at sea and protection of the marine environment.
Goals and competencies
The student must be familiar with the basic legal concepts and institutes and the basics of civil and commercial law.
Implementation of the learning content among others include requirements in accordance with the provisions of the STCW Convention A-II / 1 and the recommendations of the " officer in charge of a navigational watch (Model course 7.03)" International Maritime Organization, London, 2014
- Jerman, B., Vidic, T.: Temelji civilnega in gospodarskega prava – teorija in praksa, Uradni list Republike Slovenije, Ljubljana 2012.