Cargo Handling 2
Electronic planning of cargo manipulations on different ships (general cargoes, containers, Ro-ro, bulk cargoes, oils, chemicals, liquefied gases), booking, cargo handling, cargo manipulation on terminal, electronic determination of volume and weight of cargo on ships, gauges of other physical characteristics of the cargo (temperature, density, humidity ...), use of the loadmaster, computation of sequences, bending moments and shearing forces, computerized ballast control, computer control of freight manipulations in different types of cargo, bulk, liquid), documentation of the cargo and its electronic processing, use, preparation.
Convention STCW B-V / c.
Content according to IMO Model course 1.10:
- Background and general introduction
- IMO and dangerous goods
- The IMGD Code
- Classification –physics and chemistry
- Classification – the UN system as used by IMO
- Classification – the IMGD classes
Content according to IMO Model course 3.18:
- Consequences of badly packed and secured cargo
- Forces acting on the cargo during transport Basic principles with quick lashing guide
- CTU types
- Cargo care
- Methods of packing and securing
- Securing equipment
- Unitized cargoes
- Break bulk
- Paper products
- Special techniques
- Dangerous goods
- Theoretical exercises
- Practical exercises
Goals and competencies
The objective of the course is to upgrade the knowledge acquired in the subject Cargo Handling I. The upgrade involves computer planning and management of the cargo handling process. The process of manipulating loads on modern ships and terminals in ports is becoming more and more technologically demanding and therefore without modern technology it is impossible. The student will prepare himself on this course for the future tasks, that will be required from him at work.
Implementation of the learning content among others include requirements in accordance with the provisions of the STCW Convention B-V/c, IMO Model course 1.10 and 3.18.
- Mednarodne konvencije (SOLAS, CSC), mednarodni pravilniki (IS, BC, GC, BLU, IMDG, TC,…). Dosegljivo tudi na IMO Vega CD
- Tehnična dokumentacija ladij
- Suban V.:Ravnanje s tovorom, učno gradivo ,
- Priročniki o uporabi simulatorjev
- Simulatorji ravnanja z generalnimi tovori, kontejnerji, vozili, razsutimi tovori, olji, kemikalijami in utekočinjenimi plini.
- Računalniških programov s tega področja je veliko. Študentje se bodo usposabljali na simulatorjih, s katerimi je UL FPP opremljena..