Construction of tankers, oil tankers, chemicals and liquefied gases, purpose and equipment, type of tankers according to the construction (SH, DH, DS), construction requirements according to SOLAS, MARPOL, LL and special regulations (IBC and IGC), materials of cargo tank construction and insulation, corrosion protection and maintenance, tank openings / entrances, sealants, sealing materials, built-in tank equipment (temperature, pressure, load level, HL, HH), ladders in tanks, valves and pumps, PV valves, probes, slop tanks, pipelines, valves and pumps, pipelines and load valves dilatation, conductivity, piping and inert gas valves, piping and valves for bunker loading, piping and valves of the washing system, piping and valves for stripping, piping and valves of the heating system, heaters, heating medium , piping and ballast valves, portable equipment, maintenance and testing, load pumps, types, systems, capacities, limitations and advantages, auxiliary pumps, ballast pumps, inert gas, inert gas system, explosion hazard, roof gasket, valves piping, ventilation mast, load control system, control panel, data reading and graph, use of inert gas system, system operation manual, regular maintenance and testing of the system, inerting methods, pressure monitoring, oxygen, hydrocarbons and toxic gases in tanks, ship work and procedures that may cause exposure gas gases, respiratory protection equipment, physical and chemical properties of the load, units and conversion units (temperature, density, volume, spec. weight, viscosity ...), measurement and calculation of cargo, probing, calculation of cargo volume (ASTM plates, VEF, OBQ, FW), loading and unloading operations of the tanker, pre-arrival preparation, mooring of the ship, security requirements, checklist, inspection and preparation of a tanker for commercial operations, MSDS, ballast work, taking cargo samples, washing crude with crude oil, caring for cargo and ship after sailing from the port, pumping cargo from tanker to tanker, cleaning tanks, crude oil tank washing, chemical tanker washing, debris/sedimentation removal using a control system (e.g., ODME), MARPOL residue requirements for the sea, tank safety principles, ISGOTT recommendations, fire safety, safety at work, environment protection, SOLAS and MARPOL requirements, accident procedures, ship's certificates, books, documentation, reviews, SOPEP, SMPEP, VRP, statutory certificates, documentation and manuals, tanker reviews.
Goals and competencies
Get to know the specific technology of transporting liquid cargoes by sea. Familiarization with international regulations, policies, recommendations and standards relating to the technology of transportation of liquid cargoes. Ability to use the acquired knowledge in practice.
Implementation of the learning content among others including requirements in accordance with the provisions of the STCW Convention A-II / 1, A-II/2 and the recommendations of the »Master and Chief Mate (Model course 7.01)« and »Officer in charge of a navigational watch (Model course 7.03)« International Maritime Organization, London, 2014; IMO Model Course 1.01 - Tanker Familiarization
- Ivo Maraspin: Tankerji za nafto, FPP, 2003
- Komadina, P., Tankeri; Pomorski fakultet Rijeka, Rijeka 1994, 159 str. ISBN: 953-165-001-2
- Martinović D., Stanković P., Sustav inertnog plina, Pomorski fakultet, Rijeka, 1997, 159 str. COBISS.SI-ID: 462947
- Martinović D., Stanković P., Pranje tankova sirovom naftom, Pomorski fakultet, Rijeka, 1996, 67 str. COBISS.SI-ID: 463203
- Tanker familiarization, IMO Model Course 1.01, International Maritime Organization, London, 2000, ISBN 92-801-6114-8, COBISS.SI-ID 1017699
- Capt. C. Baptist, Tanker Handbook for Deck Officers, Brown, Soon, & Ferguson, LTD., Glasgow 1993.
- International Chamber of Shipping, International Safety Guide for Oil Tankers & Terminals, Witherby & Co. LTD., London 1996.
- Grupa autora, Prijevoz kemijskim tankerima, Pomorski fakultet, Rijeka, 1997.