- Trading and maritime transport
- Market mechanism
- Basics of economic operations (costs, revenues, economic result)
- The four shipping markets
- The freight (sea transport) market
- Maritime trade by types of goods and directions
- Shipping company economics
- Port economics
- The economics of shipbuilding and shipscrapping
- The regulation of the maritime industry
- Ancillary services in maritime industry
- The environmental aspect of maritime industry – cost related approach
Goals and competencies
Subject-specific competencies objectives relate to the understanding of the basic concepts of economics and the role of shipping in trading and living, as well as to the understanding of the economic aspect of the operation of all four inter-related and demand depending maritime submarkets that form the supply side in the maritime market.
- Stopford M. (2009): Maritime economics. Oxon & New York: Routedge.
- Grammenos C. (2010): The handbook of maritime economics and business. London: Lloyd's List.
- Bichou K. (2009): Port operations, planning and logistics. London: Informa.