The Business of Shipping Companies
- Maritime transport market
- Shipping company
- The most important economic categories in the operation of shipping companies
- Shipping company’s legal framework
- Purchase of a ship
- Financing methods of a ship acquisition Registration of a ship
- Depreciation of the ship
- Ship and liability insurance
- Ship's crew
- Maintenance and repair of the ship
- Exploitation of the ship
- Execution of the voyage
- The environmental aspect of sea transport
IMO Model course 7.01:
Procedures for receiving and delivering cargo
Goals and competencies
Subject-specific competencies objectives relate to knowledge and understanding of the economic and financial aspect of the operation of shipping companies from the very beginning and the establishment of the company through the selection of the ship, register and the crew up to the exploitation of the ship and the impact of external requirements on the company’s performance.
- Zanne, M. (2018). Poslovanje ladjarja. Portorož: Fakulteta za pomorstvo in promet.
- Domijan-Arneri, I. (2014). Poslovanje u morskom brodarsvu. Split: Redak.
- Stopford, M. (2009). Maritime economics (3rd izd.). London & New York: Routledge.