Technology and Organization of Road Transport
- Technology of road transport as a subsystem of the transport system, basic characteristics of road transport.
- The advantages and disadvantages of road transport in relation to other transport sectors, the importance of road transport in the wider economic and / social view.
- General and specific technical requirements for the transport of freight in road transport.
- Organization and fleet utilization.
- Analysis of the fleet, determination of the road transport route, the choice of the appropriate means of transport with respect to the load, the transport route and the specific conditions of the transport process in road transport.
- The importance of properly securing the cargo to the safety of transport.
- Basic technologies in the transport of passengers in road transport, mobility of the population.
- Transport paths for the transport of passengers, elements of a part of the means of transport on the transport line.
- The impact of legal restrictions on the work of the driver on the design of transport processes.
Goals and competencies
The objective of the course is to acquaint students with the basics of technology and organization of road transport. Students gain the ability to independently monitor the development of the profession and take initiatives to introduce innovations in the field of road transport technology. They learn about the basics for optimal planning and organization of the road transport process, especially from the point of view of the production of transport services in the transport of freight and passengers. In doing so, they are trained in the use of computer tools for processing the data necessary for the modern and efficient operation of road transport companies. Students are trained for technical and economic analysis (indicators of transport work, coefficients of utilization of road transport vehicles, transport fleet, transport routes and working hours). The acquired knowledge will enable students to simultaneously train for the management, planning, organization and supervision of road work technology.
- Kolenc, J.: Organizacija in tehnologija cestnega prometa, Fakulteta za pomorstvo in promet, Portorož, 1998, 354 str., ISBN 961‐6044‐34‐6
- Županović, I.: Tehnologija cestovnog prijevoza, Fakultet prometnih znanosti, Zagreb, 2002, 417 str., ISBN 953‐6790‐59‐9
- Oblak, H., Mulej, M.: Organiziranje poslovanja prometnih podjetij,Univerza v Mariboru, Društvo za poslovno logistiko, Maribor, 1998, 328 str., ISBN 961‐90303‐5‐4