- Review of the newly emerging area of autonomous water and underwater vessels.
- Types and levels of vessel autonomy.
- Regulatory and legal aspects of autonomous vessels.
- Review of the different requirements and tasks to be met by autonomous vessels: route planning, navigation, detection of obstacles and environmental conditions, avoiding obstacles, adapting to weather conditions, autonomous landing maneuvers.
- Structural features and specific features of autonomous vessels.
- Overview of sensory and communication systems of autonomous vessels.
- Application of machine learning, deep neural networks and other support algorithms for autonomous navigation.
- Examples of autonomous navigation and various examples of developing or already active autonomous vessels.
- Overview of trends and further development of autonomous vessels.
Goals and competencies
- To gain basic knowledge of the field of autonomous vessels
- To learn about the different challenges of autonomous navigation and approaches to solving them
- To learn about the typical tasks and possibilities of using autonomous vessels
- R. Glenn Wright, Unmanned and Autonomous Ships: An Overview of MASS, Routledge (2020), https://doi.org/10.1201/9780429450655
- Izbrani spletni viri, znanstveni in strokovni članki.