Selected Topics in Advanced Mathematics
- Functions of several variables: partial derivatives, maxima and minima, Lagrange multipliers for maxima and minima, implicit function.
- Differential equations: separated variables, LDE of 1st order, LDE of 2nd order, applications.
- Laplace and Fourier transform.
- Partial differential equations: basic concepts, modelling, solution by separating variables.
Goals and competencies
On successful completion of this module students will be able of abstract thinking. Moreover, they will get mathematical fundamentals for other professional courses.
1. A. Turnšek, Tehniška matematika, Fakulteta za strojništvo, Ljubljana, 2007.
2. E. Kreyszig, Advanced engineering mathematics, John Wiley&Sons, Inc., 1993.
3. I. Vidav, Višja matematika 3, Državna založba Slovenije, 1976.