Professional English (ESP) I
- professional texts dealing with traffic technology and transport logistics;
- the extraction of traffic and transport terms used in traffic technology and transport logistics;
- technical terminology in traffic technology and transport logistics, explained and illustrated in some web resources, and defined in English mono- and bilingual web dictionaries;
- practice of the use of traffic and transport vocabulary that is included in selected encyclopaedic articles, professional reference books and journals for traffic technology and transport logistics, on the Internet websites, and in some selected printed professional resources;
- the step-by-step revision of the main chapters from the English grammar, and grammatical practice with the texts dealing with traffic technology and transport logistics.
Goals and competencies
Learning objectives of the course are:
- to motivate students to develop language skills for listening and reading comprehension together with the speaking and writing skills, so that they can consequently become able to express themselves well in professional English;
- to arise curiosity in students by means of selected topics from traffic technology and transport logistics;
- to encourage student to approach a problem from different points of view;
- to demonstrate students how to communicate in typical speaking situations that occur in traffic technology and transport logistics;
- to encourage students to get to know and to use technical terms from traffic technology and transport logistics in modern practice.
- Izbor gradiv in spletnih virov – dostopno v digitalnem zvezku za SANG 1
- Jurković, Violeta; Harsch, Rick. 2004. Routes to Traffic English. Portorož: Univerza v Ljubljani, Fakulteta za pomorstvo in promet. ISBN: 961‐6044‐65‐6
- Šega, Lidija. 1997. Veliki moderni angleško‐slovenski poslovni slovar. Ljubljana: Cankarjeva založba. ISBN: 961‐231‐051‐3