The Faculty of Maritime Studies and Transport
open sidebar

Residence Permit

In order to get a residence permit as a citizen of an EU member state for the purpose of studying, you will need the following documents:

  • valid identity card or passport;
  • evidence of enrolment at a higher education institution (Acceptance Letter);
  • health insurance covering all risks in Slovenia;
  • sufficient financial means (in practice, a written and signed statement as to one’s means is sufficient).

Third-country citi­zens are required to obtain a visa C (tourist visa) or visa D (long term visa) at a diplomatic mission or con­sulate of the Republic of Slovenia abroad prior to entering the Republic of Slovenia.


For additional information, please visit: